Outboard Specialty Tools understands and respects the importance of your privacy.
By purchasing a product or submitting your personal data via this web site, you agree to the transfer, storing or processing of it as set out below. We require these details in order to keep you updated and to fulfill our contract with you. Please do not use this website if you do not agree with any of the following.
This privacy notice discloses the privacy practices for www.outboardst.com. This privacy notice applies solely to information collected by this website. It will notify you of the following:
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the website, how it is used and with whom it may be shared.
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
Information Collection, Use, and Sharing
If just browsing The Site, our servers and cookies collect the following generic information about you;
- The Operating System you use e.g. Windows
- The Browser you use e.g. Safari or Google Chrome
- The device you are using to view this website e.g. Desktop or Mobile
- Your IP Address
- Your Behaviour on our Site e.g. Page Views, Link Clicks etc.
Only when voluntarily completing a form on this site by purchasing a product, do we then have access to the following information:
- E-mail Address
- First & Last Name
- Country of Residence
- Please Note –At no point do we process and/ or store any bank or credit card information.
We store cookies on your computer to identify that you have been to our site before, and to personalize certain content based on previous behavior. We do use third party cookies to track data. We use google analytics and you can visit www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/ for more information.
http://www.google.com/settings/ads. If you would not like to be tracked during your visit you can install a Do Not Track Plugin for Google Chrome or enable the Do Not Track feature in Firefox. You can also visit http://www.aboutCookies.org/ or http://cookiepedia.co.uk/ for further information how to manage and delete Cookies.
How we use your information
- To enable us to ensure your online account has been created and updated successfully so that you safely and securely access your order information
- To communicate with you regarding your purchase and/or subscription
- To personalize and target future correspondence regarding new and related products, courses and sale windows
- To respond to specific enquiries and queries
- For resolving complaints and dealing with disputes
- To notify you about changes to our service
- To ensure that content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- For preventing and detecting fraudulent or criminal activity
- If you have given us your consent to receive marketing communications by email, are a customer of ours or you have previously asked us for information about our products or courses, we may send you marketing messages by email. However, in every marketing email message we send you, we will give you the opportunity to unsubscribe from our mailings altogether.
- For internal research/analysis and customer profiling
Please note the usage as outlined above applies to all information we hold about you, however we obtain it during your journey with us.
Disclosure of Your Information
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with law, enforce our site policies, or protect our or others’ rights, property or safety. We will use your information to respond to you, regarding the reason you contacted us. We will not share your information with any third party outside of our organization, other than as necessary to fulfill your request, e.g. process a credit card or to ship an order.
From a Data Retention perspective, we are legally bound from a financial viewpoint to keep your personal data on our systems for seven years after you have made a purchase with Outboard Specialty Tools, LLC.
Your Access to and Control Over Information
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us at email@example.com:
- See what data we have about you, if any.
- Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Have us delete any data we have about you.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline.
Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a lock icon in the address bar and looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the Web page.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure, and although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to this web site, therefore any transmission is at your own risk.
Once we have received your information, we will take all reasonable steps to keep your personal data secure (both technologically and physically) and to try to prevent any unauthorized access to it. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. All payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology and processed through PayPal or Stripe. We do NOT store any financial information.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password, which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping that password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.